- Mash the boiled potatoes with a potato masher and mix them with butter.
- Pack the dough tightly into a bowl. Then divide it into four equal parts. Take one of them out and fill the empty place with potato flour. In this manner ideal proportions are kept.
- Add the remaining dough and knead it energetically, adding the eggs one by one. Add salt to taste.
- Shape the dough into small balls and press a characteristic hole with your finger in the middle of each dumpling.
- Put the dumplings in salted boiling water and wait until they float to the surface.
- Serve with butter, scratchings of smoked bacon or fried onion.
Strudel, štrudl, štrudla and štrukli – these are the names given by our neighbors in Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic to this sweet dream of light pastry and its juicy filling. But in English, the only word which has made it into common use is the German “Strudel”. That is a powerful signal of just how famous the Viennese Apfelstrudel has now become internationally. But it’s all too easily forgotten that this fine pastry once traveled an extensive route from Arabia via the Ottoman Empire and Turkey, before becoming resident in Vienna. However, the long journey was worth it!
Panna Cotta Asparagi di Santena is different type of panna cotta
There were notable culinary migrations during the Austrian monarchy, long before the EU and a united Europe. Therefore, we owe a debt of gratitude for this deliciously tender Rostbraten (roast beef) to the famous family of the Esterházys, all of whom were not only generous sponsors of the arts and successful politicians, but also connoisseurs of fine dining.
Recognized as one of the Traditional Italian Food Products (P.A.T.), the most famous dish of the Crema food tradition is typically prepared during the town festivals or for other important family events
The mountains in Europe are some of the tallest summits in the world. They’re also some of the most fun. From skiing in Switzerland to snowkiting in Norway, discover the best ways to play on Europe’s mountains with this gallery.
Europe has always been irresistible to shoppers, but beyond the big brands and famous streets of some of the world’s most famous cities are lesser-known districts that are inspiring a new generation of European creativity.
Europe holds many impressive cathedrals, synagogues and mosques. These houses of worship hold important cultural, historic and religious significance. Many of these great buildings took centuries to build with ornate design and unique architecture.
CHECK OUT OUR
The Northern Lights are one of the most magical things you can experience in Europe. What makes it even better is that you can see them in multiple countries. Whether you’re in Ireland or Iceland, you can find yourself under the dancing natural lights. Browse this gallery to learn about some of the best places to witness the Northern Lights in Europe.
A visit to Europe is unforgettable in itself, but people often find themselves dreaming about all the delicious foods they tried, long after they’ve returned. From sweet to salty and every flavor in between, fondly remember your trip when you bring home a taste of Europe.
Bring your European experience home with you. Here is a list of must-buy European souvenirs to share with friends and family...or keep for yourself!
This tasty cheese is produced in a variety of shapes and sizes: pear, sausage, melon.
- 1 kg of boiled potatoes
- potato flour
- 2-3 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
- serve with: clear butter, scratchings of smoked bacon or fried onion